What happens in the beginning of the day sets the mood for the rest of the day, so it’s important to start the day right. These simple habits will refresh you in the morning and give you a great start to the day.
1. Drink Water — After sleeping for 7-8 hours your body needs H2O. By drinking water before your morning cup of tea you will ensure that you do not get dehydrated. Well hydrated cells are healthier and according to some research this hydration also flushes out fat.
2. Eat Breakfast –Research has shown that people who eat breakfast will consume less overall calories through the day and focus on tasks at hand better. Make sure that there is some protein in the meal. Dahi, dosa, idli, poha with some peanuts, eggs are all good options.
3. Exercise — Get your metabolism moving with some movement. It does not have to be a long workout — a simple brisk walk or some yoga stretches for just 15-20 minutes will reduce stress and boost your mood.
4. Deep Breathing — Just 5 minutes of pranayam energizes your body by distributing oxygen throughout it. Do it in bed before beginning the day.
5. Wake up earlier — The expression, “the early bird gets the worm” has some truth. By waking up just 15 minutes earlier than you usually do will give you some relaxation time to think, plan and just relax before beginning the day.